Per City Ordinance, water service leads are the homeowner’s responsibility from the stop box in towards the house.

Suspected water main breaks should be called in to the Public Service Department at 734-793-1800 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m, Monday-Friday. For after hour emergency please contact the Police Department at 734-793-1730. 

Final Water Bill Request

If you are moving, you should contact the Water Billing Department to schedule a final read. Click here to request a final read.

Charges Policy for Seasonal Shutoff

50.04 Connection of Water Service:No person, other than an authorized employee of the Department, shall turn on or off any water main gate valve or a water service. . . .

In the event of seasonal discontinuance of service done in compliance with ordinance 50.04, above, which requires a representative of the City of Garden City to turn water service off at the main or at the stop box located on the property, Fees of Shutoff and installation and all applicable meter charges will apply. 

Payment Options

By Mail or in Person
You can pay your bill through the mail or in person at the City Hall.
Please mail your payment to:

Garden City Water Dept.
6000 Middlebelt Rd.
Garden City, MI 48135

Drop Box
The City has a drop box located on the north side of City Hall that is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The City also has a drop box located inside of City Hall that is available from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday. Payments, checks and money orders, no cash, may be placed in the drop boxes. All payments received will be picked up from the drop box the following business day. 

Online Credit/Debit Card or E-Check Payments
Online Payments are offered through a third party company, Point & Pay. 
Please note, Point & Pay charges a convenience fee for this service.
Credit Cards: 3% Fee (minimum $2.00)
E-Checks: Flat Fee of $3.00, up to $10,000
                Flat Fee of $10.00, over $10,000

By Phone
You can make a Credit/Debit Card Payment by phone at 844-392-3651

Automated Clearing House Debit
You can sign up to pay your water bill via ACH Debit (Automated Clearing House Debit), which is a direct withdrawal by the City from your bank account. This payment option is free.