AmeriCorps in Garden City
The Community Supports Division of the Department of Community Resources is excited to be hosting AmeriCorps VISTA & State members.
Meet Our Current AmeriCorps VISTA Member:
Faith will be developing and implementing the Children's Savings Account program, SEEDs to Career, at GCPS as her service project.
Meet Our Current VISTA Summer Associate:
Morgan will be working with the food pantry and other food programs in the department to build capacity, fundraise, and market these programs to those that qualify.
SERVE YOUR COMMUNITY. BE THE CHANGE. APPLY TODAY!
Looking for two 2019/20 AmeriCorps Members to serve full-time!
- Bachelor’s degree, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, abilities, and skills listed below, required.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Pass a background check
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Effective Leadership
- Good Interpersonal Communication
- Education experience/skills
- Youth Development
- Community Organization
- Public Speaking
- Team Work
- Computers/Technology (general knowledge of Microsoft programs).
- Non-Profit Management
- Fundraising/ Grant Writing
- Applicant must have a passion for community organization/service.
- Must have an interest in financial inclusion education.
- Must be willing to engage with community members, leaders, and organizations.
- Must be flexible/ able to adjust to unexpected situations.
Other experience in leadership and service recruitment.
- Modest living allowance
- Education Award
- Assistance with Public Benefits
- Professional Development & Networking
Email Your Resume to Megan Sheeran //
In partnership with the Community Economic Development Association of Michigan (CEDAM)