Per City Ordinance sanitary service leads are the homeowner’s responsibility from the sanitary main to the house.

Sewer/Storm Overflow or Backup

Contact the Garden City Department of Public Service immediately upon discovery of an overflow or backup. For after hours issue, call the Garden City Police Department.

If you experience  an overflow or backup of a sewage disposal system or storm water system, should you wish to file a claim with the City, you must file a written claim with the City of Garden City Clerk’s Office, within 45 days after the overflow or backup was discovered.
Notice should be mailed to the attention of the Clerk’s Office. Failure to provide the required notice will prevent recovery of damages.

Disposal of Household Oil & Grease

The Alliance of Rouge Communities has created a brochure of how to dispose of household cooking grease and oils to avoid clogging your drain and protect the environment.