- Human Resources
ResponsibilitiesThe Human Resources Department provides administrative human resources and employee benefits support to all permanent, full-time City employees and retired City employees. HR support is also provided to part-time City employees. In doing so, the Department coordinates hiring new employees, retirement, promotion, salary, wage and benefit administration.
The Human Resources Department provides support and acts as administrative liaison between City Administration and the Garden City Civil Service Commission. The Commission oversees, through application of their Rules and Regulations, the recruitment, qualification and promotion process for the Garden City Police and Fire Department personnel.
Summary of Services:
- Applications are only accepted for positions currently vacant and not for potential future openings
- Applications will only be considered active until a hiring decision has been made in each opening
- Because of the volume of applications, it is not possible to interview all applicants
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee/Retiree Benefit Administration
- Hospitalization/Medical/Dental/Optical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Retirement Plan Administration
- Short Term Disability Insurance Program
- Worker’s Compensation