The Wayne County Department of Public Services will host the first of three Household Hazardous Waste Collections on June 9 at Henry Ford College beginning at 8am until 2pm.
Examples of Acceptable Items
- Household paints, stains, dyes
- Floor wax, floor care products, carpet cleaner
- Furniture polish, bathroom cleaners, stain removers, solvents
- Pharmaceutical Waste (NON-CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ONLY)
- Nail polish, glue
- Fertilizer, lawn and garden chemicals, pesticides
- Antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline, propane tanks
- Automotive batteries and dry cell batteries, fluorescent bulbs (all types)
- Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats and elemental mercury
- Computer CPU’s, monitors, printers, scanners, keyboards, mice
- Cell phones, fax machines, copiers, and televisions
Only household generated products from Wayne County residents will be accepted.
Items that will not be accepted include: Commercial waste, Industrial waste, radioactive
material, explosives, ammunition, 55 gallon drums, shock sensitive materials, household
trash, refrigerators, microwaves or other appliances, tires, yard waste, roofing shingles, &
For information on how to dispose of these items, please contact the
Wayne County Resource Recovery Coordinator at 734-326-3936.