The 21st District Court (City of Garden City) announces the 2017 Amnesty Program for all payable parking, traffic and misdemeanor tickets and/or court cases issued within the City of Garden City.The Amnesty Program provides individuals with an opportunity to settle their old court financial obligations while saving money. In addition, the program assists the court in clearing up a backlog of files without additional court resources and collection costs.
To take advantage of this limited time opportunity, please note the following:
- The program will run Monday, March 27 through Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Amnesty applies only to those individuals who present themselves at the 21st district Court, 6000 Middlebelt Road, Garden City. The court is open for business 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Court is closed Friday, April 14.
- Included in the program are all payable parking, traffic and misdemeanor tickets and/or court cases issued within the City of Garden City.
- This is a one-time effort to clear a backlog of cases. Once free from the backlog, the Court will continue to move more aggressively to enforce and collect on unpaid tickets, including all penalties and late fees.
- During the period of amnesty, the ticket will be reduced to the original fine plus the $45.00 driver license clearance fee, if applicable. Upon full payment the court will notify the Secretary of State to lift the suspension.
- No payment plans. All payments must be cash, certified check, money order or credit card.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT THE 21ST DISTRICT COURT AT 734-793-1680.